Similar in concept to the original Dungeons & Dragons Red Box 20 years ago, the Beginner Box is designed to introduce new gamers to the Pathfinder RPG and comes with a set of tools for GMs to take their players' characters up to 5th level.
Bulhman shares the content that can be found inside the box.
Bulhman said that more details on the content of the box would be shared within the next few months and at the banquet dinner during PaizoCon.
- A 64-page Hero's Handbook, detailing character creation, spells, equipment, and general rules for playing the game
- A 96-page Game Master's Guide packed with adventures, monsters, magical treasures, and advice on how to narrate the game and control the challenges faced by the heroes
- A complete set of 7 high-impact polyhedral dice
- More than 80 full-color pawns depicting tons of heroes, monsters, and even a fearsome black dragon
- Four pregenerated character sheets to throw you right into the action
- Four blank character sheets to record the statistics and deeds of your custom-made hero
- A durable, reusable, double-sided Flip-Mat play surface that works with any kind of marker
The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Beginner Box can be pre-ordered at $34.99 at the Paizo store and is expected to ship in October 2011.
(Picture credit to Paizo)